LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

overlaying XY line onto intensity graph

I've got two things to work with: an intensity graph; a line's worth of XY points.  I need to overlay the line onto the intensity graph.  The line must follow the same scale as the graph and be in the correct position.  I need to save the overlaid graph as a single JPEG file.

The line is basically a curve representation of the data on the intensity graph.

I've got some ideas of how to do this, but it's going to be a headache.  Anyone got any shortcuts they'd be willing to share?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,837 Views)
What is your LabVIEW version?

If you have LabVIEW 8.0, you can draw anything you want on top of graphs. Look for property "PlotImages:Front".

(There is also a shipping example: "Graph Plot Area Images.vi" that should get you started. :D)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,827 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,817 Views)
It's always possible to create two graphs (one intensity, one line).  Make one of them transparent, then stack one over the other.

to make the graph transparent...
use the paint brush tool
right click the area you want to change
choose color (t)

In the following example, I changed the background and the border of the line graph to be transparent.  I also changed the visibility of the x,y-axis, and the legend.  Hopefully this is what you're looking for.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,814 Views)
Do you have a version of that vi for 7.1?

Stacking two graphs on top of each other does solve the problem  of display.  I did also want to save to overlaid graph to a JPEG though.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,801 Views)
I probably would try simulate an intensity graph using a picture control directly, then you can easily draw extra lines. Seems pretty easy.

Also have a look at the following recent discussion:

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,799 Views)

Forgive me, I'm kind of new at this.  Drawing lines on top of a picture of the intensity graph seems like the only way to do this with 7.1.

My XY plot line has to be the same scale as the graph and on the right position.  Has anyone before dealt with calculating this?

The scale of my graph changes on occasion.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,795 Views)
Take a look at this thread, including mainly last post......Don

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=201556#M201556
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,744 Views)
ps. I should say take a look AGAIN at this thread if you haven't looked at it recently.....Don
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(4,742 Views)