LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

output continuous signal to sound card using Simulate Signal Express VI & Play Waveform VI but sound has glitches

Hi! I'm trying to output a signal (e.g. 440Hz sine wave) to the computer sound card using the Waveform Generation VIs and the Simulate Signal Express VI as seen in the image below (taken from http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361H-01/lvconcepts/soundvis/). However, I am unable to get a continuous sound output! The sound output has glitches/stops/interruptions. Is it because the sound stops after every loop? I'm not sure what's the problem! Please help. Thanks!!

(P.S. I have seen labview examples such as Continous Sound Input.vi but the examples do not use the Simulate Signal Express VI which I would like to use. Also, there is no problem with my sound card as it produces a nice continous sound ouput when I run the Generate Sound.vi Labview example. Thanks!)

loc_bd_play_generated_tone.gif

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,053 Views)
The problem is the express VI. It is not designed to provide continuous sound output. In addition, you are generating a new waveform with each iteration. There will naturally be a break in the sound with each loop.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
Message 2 of 2
(3,031 Views)