From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

opening excel file n window location

I have an application that tests three products at a time.  When a product is put on test, the user enters the serial number of the product, which pulls up the Excel datasheet for that product serial number.  The datasheet always comes up in the last saved location within the Excel window. I would like to control if this file appeared on the left side (where it currently is), center position, or right positon.  Please see the attached screen shot.  Is there a way I can force the datasheet to come up in a certain location in the window?

I am using New Report VI from the Report Generation VI Toolkit and have the window state set at normal. 

metzler CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,193 Views)

Metzler:

There isn't currently a method for controlling the sub-window size/position for a file within Excel. It might be possible through ActiveX, but I'm not entirely sure.

That would, however, make an excellent product suggestion for the LabVIEW Idea Exchange.

Caleb Harris

National Instruments | Mechanical Engineer | http://www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,171 Views)

Good idea - please vote for "controlling sub window position in Excel"

Thanks.

metzler CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,159 Views)