LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

open subVI and don't close

Hiii, D

Actually that problem is not related to the boolean button and just left it. but tell me one thing that here i am attaching a picture, in which i ve pogram that if this condition is true then it will call "data logger full.vi" thriugh Invoke Node,but it is not calling that vi and instead all other works ae also goes into the hang, it is not doing its own thing and also not allow anything to happen.

Thanks,

Nishant

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 33
(1,118 Views)

Hi Nishant,

I still don't fully understand the problem.  In your screenshot, you are opening a reference to the VI, showing its panel, and setting the values of a few controls on its panel.  Are you probing the error outputs of the nodes to see if any of them return errors?  Is the VI name correct?  The way you have your code written, the VI needs to reside in the same folder/LLB on disk as the main VI.  Are the control names for the "Set Control Value" methods correct?  They are case-sensitive.  Are the datatypes you're wiring into them the same as the datatypes of the controls on the target VI's front panel?  After you've set the control values, are you calling the "Run VI" method later on in your method chain?  I don't see it in the screenshot.  I'm guessing if there is a problem, probing the error outputs of those nodes will help you diagnose what you are doing wrong.

Again, if you are still having trouble, the best way for me (or anybody else on the forum) to help is for you to attach a simple VI that demonstrates the problem...there is nothing "wrong" with the code snippet in your screenshot as far as I can see, but I can't actually run the VI to check any of the conditions I mentioned above.

-D

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 33
(1,115 Views)

Hiii, D

First of all sorry, i havent post the vi, another thing as you explain in ahead posts and as per the help, i thought that my vi was right, and it was perfectly running but the thing is i haven't given the time out, which creates the problem, coz whenever control comes to the event case, it doesnt get the control and because of that, it remains idal and it does not have the time out value alsoSmiley Sad, and bcoz of thtat i think... problem occurs, so now it is OK, after putting a time out value. it is working OK, and another thing is in my vi, there are so much of multi tasking which makes vi, some what slow.

Thanks,

Nishant

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 33
(1,111 Views)
Hiiii, D

Hey man i want to take the data from the vi through the Invoke node but i couldn't do it, i am tryinh to get the data from the Get control value, and it give me the value in the variant and when i try to convert that value into the integer or any numeric or boolean data to boolean type, it gives me some error, what could be the problem?

Thanks,
Nishant
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 33
(1,092 Views)

Once again, Nishant, you may want to post a simple VI that demonstrates the problem.  I've never had problems using the Get Control Value method to obtain a control value...I always double-check that the label I'm specifying for my control exactly matches (they are case-sensitive), and the datatype I'm using is the exact same datatype.  If you've double-checked these things, attach a sample VI that demonstrates the problem.  You didn't even mention which error you are getting.

A full description of the problem, and a sample VI whenever possible, will always help get you the fastest solution on the LabVIEW forums.

-D

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 33
(1,088 Views)
Hiii, D

Sorry again man, here with this i am sending you both the vis, caller and the calling vi, here first run the call_counter1.vi and it will call the counter_timer.vi, which returns the boolean value In Range, but it shows the error as i have attached in the pic file i ve attached, this is only the boolean data, but i am also getting an error in the numeric value also. can you please suggest me somethin better?

Thanks,
Nishant
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 33
(1,082 Views)

Hi Nishant,

I can't get an error to occur on my machine...however, I noticed that you don't have anything wired to the type input of the Variant to Data function...you should wire a Boolean constant to the type input since you're converting a variant to a boolean.  See if that helps.  Also, what version of LabVIEW are you using?  I ran the VI and got no error in LabVIEW 8.0.

-D

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 33
(1,075 Views)
Hiii, D

Can you please help me other way by modifying the vi, as i ran the vi and give 5 seconds, it immidiately gave me error again, and the another thing i also have tried with the way u told that to input the boolean constant at the convert type, i was still not able to get anything other than error, please help me.Smiley Sad

Thanks,
Nishant
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 33
(1,056 Views)

Hi Nishant,

I cannot get the error to occur on my machine.  I tried in LabVIEW 7.1 and in 8.0.  I noticed that you're not checking the error on the VI Server calls.  I think you should route your error cluster through all the nodes, and you should also create an error indicator on your front panel.  The only reason I can think of that the Variant to Data function would return an error 91 is if the Get Control Value [Variant] property was returning a null variant, and the only way I can think of that this would happen is if there is an error when running the method.  So check all the error outputs and let me know what you figure out.  Again, when I open call_counter1.vi, I set "Seconds Required" to 5, then I run the VI...the front panel of Counter_Timer.vi comes up, it starts iterating, and after it hits a value of '5', the VI stops, and call_counter1.vi stops, and I don't get any errors anywhere.

-D

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 33
(1,043 Views)
Hiiii, D

As you told about this procedure of calling a vi through invoke node was working perfectly when i was running the seperate vid, but as i made an application, the vi which i have called through the invoke node is not opening and not doing its work perfectly, then what is the alternate procedure for that, what i should do, bcos of which it also runs, when i make an application together of all the files.

Thanks,
Nishant
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 33
(1,028 Views)