LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

open office calc on Front panel

Hi Guys

I am trying to use open office calc with active X  but I cant seem to find the Active X (.ocx) file . can any one help me.

Also what I am trying to achive is that to have the OpenOffice Calc open on the front panel , I want to use the front panel to display the Open Office calc. Any one have an idea.

I am attaching a jpeg image of the front panel to be more clear , what I want to achive .

Regards

Regards
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,909 Views)

Hi nolsqn,

If you know where the .ocx file is on disk you can register it using the instructions from the link below:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/4F811A9B23F1D46E862566F700615B7A

Regards,

Kaitlin N.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,854 Views)

Is the active x component definitely installed?

I seem to remember that it's a separate item in the installer, which is not selected by default.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,841 Views)

hi

Thats the problem I donot know where is .ocx file , or While installing(open office) there was no option to install that too , where can I find .ocx file

Regards

Regards
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,804 Views)

When you run the installer, choose "Custom Install", then in the list of program features scroll to the bottom, expand "Optional Components" then enable the activex control installation. This applies to version 3.4.1, but the earlier versions were similar as far as I remember.

MC

Message 5 of 8
(2,799 Views)

hi

I just did that , but know I am trying to search for the .ocx extention and I cannot find it , becasue I want to regieter it

Regards
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,795 Views)

I believe the dll you need to register is so_activex.dll

Good luck

MC

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,789 Views)

Hi

I registerd that so_active.dll , but i cant figure it out , because i want to make openoffice Calc appear on the front panel , but this dll is not helping  .. do you have any example to help me ?

Regards
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,783 Views)