LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

open a word documant from labview 6.0

I want to open an existing word file from labview.
Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,644 Views)
In the examples for using ActiveX there should be examples of how to open both Word and Excel files...

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,644 Views)
LabVIEW has objects called activeX containers and activeX automation references. The difference between the two is that a container sits on the front panel and a reference does not. I have not been able to find the control for MS Word that allows me to put Word in a container. I do not believe that Microsoft allowed for this ablity. As a workaround. you might put Internet Explorer in the container and direct it to open a Word document. This somehow tranforms Internet Explorer into a Word like program. As for the automation reference, there is a MS Word control on my computer that allows launching Word and exposes features like open, spell check, ect.

Look at the activeX examples that are shipped with LabVIEW to see how activeX is used and configured.
Open LabVIEW 6.1 >> help >> find examples >> communicating with external applications >> activeX. As far as making specific calls goes, you are on your own. The problem is that NI does not have the specific activeX information about third party programs. For Microsoft products, you can search msdn.microsoft.com.

Jeremy
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,644 Views)
Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,644 Views)