LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

only use 16key keyboard to control the front panel' controls?

hello everyone,
   i want to use a small keyboard to control the panel without a mouse.there are only 0-9,a-d,".",and a "*"on the 16key-board,how to select the controls and set input?how to set key focus or navigation?how to turn pages...
   thanks for any help!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,390 Views)

"dingxiubing" <x@no.email> wrote in message news:1146881407533-361593@exchange.ni.com...
hello everyone,
&nbsp;&nbsp; i want to use a small keyboard to control the panel without a mouse.there are only 0-9,a-d,".",and a "*"on the 16key-board,how to select the controls and set input?how to set key focus or navigation?how to turn pages...
&nbsp;&nbsp; thanks for any help!

Hi,

Normally, you would associate buttons with keys, usually the function keys. You do need to be able to select the buttons of your keyboard encoder. This is the easier, but less flexible way. You won't be able to turn a page without using an event structure.

In LV7.1 and up, you can use the event structure to do anything you want when any key (combination) is pressed. So when a key is pressed, you'll process the event and trigger a button (with "value (signaling)" property node), or "turn pages" (e.g. set the tab page with a property node). Setting key focus can also be done with a property node ("set key focus").

BTW. You will run into problems when you use subpanels, because the subpanel vi won't get the keyboard events, unless a control in the subpanel has key focus. If not, the main vi will get the keyboard events, and you'll have to communicate them to the vi in the subpanel. This is not that easy... You can put all keyboard handling in the main vi, because the main vi also gets the keyboard events when a subpanel control has focus.

Regards,

Wiebe.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,371 Views)

I just found out that, there is a vi call “Basic Input Demo.vi” that ship with LV. You can take a look; it can capture the key that you press.

------------------------------------------------------------------
When you feel sad, laugh
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,368 Views)