LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

object properties window minor "feature"

In LV 2011, when you right click on a diagram object and select "Properties", the window flashes (its front panel is updated AFTER the window is opened).

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,614 Views)

Could you give me some more details about the setup? I might need to recreate the circumstances to see what is happening. Could you provide an example/screenshot?

Kyle K.

Product Manager for Product Data
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,591 Views)

WinXP, LV 2011 (no update)

I can't show you a snapshot  since the behavior is dynamic and very transient. It might be so rapid on a fast machine that it may not be noticed. On mine, which is a few years old dual core 3.4 GHz, it shows up as a Properties window that briefly displays some unrelated properties and then switches to the properties belonging to the selected object.

It is not a problem, I would not even call it a bug, merely an inelegance...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,586 Views)

I haven't seen what you are describing.

But it does seem to me that the properties dialog is slower to load than it used to be.  I right clicked on a BD terminal for a numeric, and it took 5 seconds to load.  This was even after it had already been opened.  An object that has fewer properties to display was a bit quicker, anywhere from 1-3 seconds.  For comparison, a numeric terminal in 2009 took 7 seconds to load the first time, but 2-3 seconds at later times (but there was a lot of cursor blinking from arrow to wait to arrow to wait).

Message 4 of 6
(2,580 Views)

I can reproduce it, although it took me numerous tries to see it.

The basic problem is that the dialog opens before the controls' and indicators' values are updated, but the blip is usually pretty fast.  I wouldn't have noticed it if I wasn't looking for it.

Message 5 of 6
(2,573 Views)

Ah, I understand what you are talking about now. I will let people know. Honestly, it probably won't have a very high priority but thanks for the info!

Kyle K.

Product Manager for Product Data
National Instruments
Message 6 of 6
(2,556 Views)