LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nxt and fpga - Urgent Reply Please

Hello,

I am writing to find out if the lego mindstorm nxt and spartan  3e can work together. Any suggestions about the interface process is much appreciated.

thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,845 Views)

Could you be more specific in how you want them to work together? Your question isn't detailed enough. Is this for a school project?

Are you trying to exchange information between them? If so, you could probably implement an I2C interface on the spartan and make it look like a sensor to the NXT.  There is a series of articles on how the I2C interface on the NXT works and how to program it at

http://www.tau.ac.il/~stoledo/lego/  (there's a 6 part series on it)

Joel Sumner
NI-Shanghai
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,831 Views)

Thanks. I'm actually using the ultrasonic sensor of the nxt and then comparing some distance. The output of the compare is going to be used to drive the fpga through the expansion connectors which then runs some actuators.

However I'm getting errors saying that the vi is not executable.

Thanks for your help. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,824 Views)

Hi Olams,

What error are you getting?  Is there an error code associated with it?  

Thanks, 

Marti C
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
NI Medical
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,789 Views)

thanks for your help. I've changed the approach to my project and have come upon a new error. Is it possible to perform file operations to the fpga. I am trying to get the spartan 3e fpga to read some data from a file; however, I keep getting a target specific error saying that the operation is not supported.

Are there any alternatives to this approach. Please help.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,765 Views)