LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

notification to alert that the student didnt return the equipment

Hello everyone

I am working on my project where i am stuck in one place. Actually i am monitoring equipment in and out of a room.

I am able to put the date and time the equipment is borrowed .

i put a fixed date of 7 days for the returned date.

but now i am having a problem..

i want to make a notification appear when the student didnt returned the equipment on time

how to do that.

Hope to hear from  somebody soon

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(2,686 Views)

Something like the 1 Button Dialog?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(2,685 Views)

i didnt get you sir

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(2,680 Views)

Hi,

which kind of alert do you want to have ? A pop-up, receiving a mail, the name of the student in red...

if you want to have a pop-up, you can use a 1 Button dialog window, that you can find in the Dialog palette (see the attached picture)

palette

Giuliano Franchetto
Student at the l'Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Mines de Saint-Etienne, cycle ISMIN (FRANCE)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(2,669 Views)

What type of notification?  When do they get this notification?  What part of this are your stuck with?

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(2,668 Views)

i will share with you my VI and the excel i am storing the information.

The barcode and the QR code that i mention up is the barcode is the Tp which each specific student has. and the qr code is the information 

found on the equipment

You will see the date of return= ( this i give a delay of 7 days)..

My problem ( if the student does noe return within that 7 days then there should be a notification that this particular student

didnt return the equipment and status should be put alerted).

i hope i am clear sir

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(2,658 Views)

what are you adding to... day of the week or year? how are you going to handle your addition when it is day 7 of the week or day 366 of the year(quotient and remainder)? have you looked in the comparison pallete for your needs when the current day is on/over 7 days old(greater or equal)? are you considering time, maybe adding 7 days worth of seconds to the elapsed 1904 date would be easier?

Example_VI_BD.png

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(2,624 Views)

convert the time stamp...

Example_VI_BD.png

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(2,597 Views)

hello sir

thank you for your help

yes sir it is year. because in the vi, the connect the day of the month and year also. i just put a PLUS 7 their, see my Vi sir.

But the day of the year when the student will come to borrow will be different for each.

i was trying with the days only.

sir the two example you send me, i dont know how to implement that in my VI

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(2,585 Views)

Instead of the big cluster mess, just take your timestamp and add the number of seconds in 7 days (which apok already showed you).  That will give you the due date (and time).

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(2,571 Views)