From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not enough memory

hi

while using the convolution encoder VI. from the modulation toolkit i am receiving an error of not having enough memory if the input bitstream is large..how may i be able to correct it.
Regards
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,126 Views)
Hi Nolsqn,

This vi requires some memory to handle the bit stream array, encode it, and output the new encoded bit stream array.  There are few factors that could cause LabVIEW to run out of memory.   One possibility is that you don't have enough system memory to handle the operations with the input bitstream you're using.  If this is the case,  you will need to reduce the size of the input bitstream.  Another problem might be that you have other applications that are taking up all the system memory.  You might be able to fix the problem by making sure that other programs that use system memory are closed while running your application.  The application is going to use your memory to manipulate and copy the array to an output bitstream.  If you don't have enough memory to perform the calculations you will get an error.  Another option to correct the problem would be to break up the input bitstream into smaller sections before you input them into the VI.  The final option would be to purchase more system memory for your system. 

Regards,
Paul C.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,095 Views)

hi PaulC.

by system memory u mean RAM .I have 2gb of ram on my pc and while executing the large bitstream it gives the error . I was did break the bitsream and it was working fine. I wanted to know is there any way to handle a large bitstream without breaking it?

Regards
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,078 Views)
Hi Nolsqn,

Without knowing the exact size of the bitstream, I'm not sure.  Again, I'm not sure if this error is being thrown by the bitstream manipulation taking more than 2GB (or less depending on system RAM available) or due to something else.  It is likely that this is due to the amount of RAM required for the operation and if that is the case, the only solution will be to break up the bitstream.  If you have the exact size of the bitsream that causes the error and the available RAM during execution of the application, that might help determine whether its just a RAM limitation or something else.

I hope this helps,
Paul C.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,060 Views)