LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not able to install device drivers

hi

I am trying to install LabVIEW 2012 on my machine(Using the CDs available f rom NI).. So far it has got installed correctly(Cd1 and Cd2). I want to now install device drivers.
 But when I am trying to install this device drivers (through CD 3)it is giving me msg "Specified folder does not contain the correct volume".
I have not installed any device drivers before on the machine.
Only the XNEt drivers I have installed seperately. But after uninstalling XNET drivers also , I am not able to install any device drivers.

What could be the reason for this?

Do  I need to uninstall complete LV and install it again?
I am installing it on windows 7 32 bit system

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,205 Views)

Does that error occur if you start the installer routine on the device driver DVD manually?

Can you check if the DVD has some flaws like scratches?

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,174 Views)

Hi

DVD is fine. Also , i have also tried copying the DVD contents onto local machine and then installing it again. But still I am facing the same error.

What could be the issue?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,156 Views)

It could be connected to some issues with user rights and antivirus software. Is this a default Windows installation or a customized company version?

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,118 Views)

It is the normal windows installation and i am installing the software with admin rights.

DO i need to uninstall it again?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,073 Views)

Well, i've never seen an issue like this.... do you have another system for a cross-reference check?

Also, when does the error dialog appear? Is it right after you started autorun? Is it after you selected all the drivers you want to include on the system?

Norbert

Norbert
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,061 Views)

The Dialog box appears when I am trying to install 3rd CD i.e Device Driver CD. Till 2nd CD installation(LabVIEW and various other modules) it gets installed correctly.

Can Windows Firewall cause this problem? As you  said .. i  will check once again whether it is default windows installation or not .If not may be I will not be able to diable firewall . I am suspecting this can cause a problem...

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,057 Views)

If you run the 3rd DVD separately, can you please check where the error occurs?

The usual process when launching autorun is that a dialog appears which lets you select the drivers you want to install. My question is if the error is before that dialog or when trying to install a specific driver from the DVD.

Norbert

Norbert
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,054 Views)