LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

noise reduction of sound recording

I'm currently testing a optical microphone(is an experiment setup using optical fiber without any filtering hardware). I'm using the continuous sound vi to detect the sound signal from microphone. At the same time I'm also doing sound recording using the sound recording software available from windows vista.The microphone is connected to computer. However, after sound recording I can heard some unwanted noise in the recording. Is there anyway to remove or reduce this noise using any vi or sample program?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,059 Views)

Use one of the filters VI in the signal conditionning palette. The choice and settings of these vi will depend on your signal.

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,043 Views)

Can you describe the noise? Is it some sorts of cliks or pops, or is it a continuous background noise. Why do not use Labview for the sound recording? Also please post your code

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,030 Views)

It is a continuous noise. How can I do sound recording in labview and also process the sound? the attached file is the noise i heard.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,021 Views)

I attach to the other posters.

A possible solution, I don't know your skills.

-Record the sound, so you have a Waveform and save it. Now everything is done with the same recorded signal.

-Convert it to the Frequency domain

-Look at the data in the frequency domain, best with amplitude as logaritmic.

-You see somewhere always +- the same amplitude, on the same frequency (for example, 50 Hz )

-Now you filter out that 50 Hz. Bandstop, play with settings as order, width etc.

-Look at the filtered signal in the frequency domain. The peak on 50Hz should be gone.

-Do some further tuning of the settings after listening.

Steven.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,004 Views)

qinn wrote:

It is a continuous noise. How can I do sound recording in labview and also process the sound? the attached file is the noise i heard.

Your file is missing

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,999 Views)