From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no waveform in subvi but waveform data is ok

Hello everybody, I got a very strange problem: I have a main VI which passes the waveform data of 5 graphs to one sub vi. Inside the sub vi, I got 5 waveform graphs which should display the waveform data, but only the waveform data of 3 graphs is shown. I tried to solve this problem by: 1. copy the "waveform graph" - which displays the data - from the main vi to the sub vi. Then the waveform data is only shown in the main vi, but not in the sub vi. 2. add a new "waveform graph" to the sub vi. Same result as above. 3. I exported the waveform data both in the main vi and in the sub vi to a *.txt file. The data / the text files are identical in size and content. But no waveform graph is shown in the sub vi. 4. In the sub vi, I connected the waveform data of a "waveform graph" which displays the graph to a graph which didn't display the graph. But again, no signal is displayed. Thanks a lot in advance!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,208 Views)

Hi,

I would suggest you should attach your main and sub vi...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,200 Views)

Thansk for that quick answer! Attached please find the screenshots of the relevant parts.

Thanks a lot in advance - I really don't get what's wrong...

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,188 Views)

Hi user,

from the pictures your wiring seems ok. But that doesn't gives us information on the display settings (maybe you simply have to allow autoscale for the non-displaying graphs?).

Please attach real VIs with some default data...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,170 Views)