LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no rs 232 port in labview

I have come across a very strange situation. A commercial LV application and one that I have written use a com port; on about 10 machines running XP the software works well with available coms ports can be listed for selection. However, loading the same s/w, on a machine running Xp +sp3, no coms port are not available for selection. Yet other windows applications pick up the coms ports 1 & 2. Obviously there must be a problem between the labview application and windows,. Any suggestions to a solution would be greatly appreciated

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,080 Views)

Hi,

Have you installed NI-VISA on the SP3 machine?

-CC

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"If anyone needs me, I'll be in the Angry Dome!"

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,070 Views)

1.  Make sure VISA is installed.

2.  Other programs can block LabVIEW from seeing the COM ports.  Make sure the other programs have released the COM port.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,058 Views)

Make sure the COM port is enabled in the BIOS.  It usually is by default, but it could have been changed.  You do need VISA...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,043 Views)