LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nivissvc.dll Error

My project is about NI DaNI robot with IP camera.

1. used NI Vision Acquisition Software vision Aug 2014 f1

2. last week updated NI Vision Acquisition Software vision feb 2015

3. then have error

error.jpg

3. reinstalled labview, and used NI Vision Acquisition Software vision Aug 2014 f1

4. then have this error now when opening any .vi files which are associated with Vision.

asd.jpg

Any kind souls with the right expertise, please kindly offer help. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(9,933 Views)

Hi xtcas105,

This sound like a software corruption during installation.

I suggest trying a force reinstallation as described here:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/ADD22E807D5A12AD862579EC00760F79

That may help fix the issue.

Regards

Art
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(9,847 Views)

Hi Art,

I am also ecperiencing this same issue with the Labview for FRC.

I uninstalled all of the National Instruments products on the PC before continuing.

I did the force reinstallation on all of the poducts from the Labview disk and the FRC update, and I am still receiving the error when accessing a vision vi.

Is there something else I could look at?

Mark

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(9,791 Views)

Hi,

Have similar error when trying to put any module from IMAQdx group.

System is Win7 64bit Pro.

Clean installation of LV2010 32bit + Vision Acquisition 2014.02.

NI-IMAQdx 4.3.5.

When using Vision Express module it's working in the module configuration but after closing configuration menu it says the VI is not executable with description "Call Library Function Node: Library not found or failed to load".

The niimaqdx.dll and nivissvc.dll files is located in both locations C:\Windows\SysWOW64 and C:\Windows\System32.

Tried the same on second machine and there is the same issue.

Any suggestion how to fix this issue?

Thank you.

Pawel

//screenshot attached

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(9,724 Views)
Hi everyone,

I slove this problem but this method very stupid, that is reinstall window. Because this nivissvc.dll file is already dead in the window library. I try to reinstall lab-view and use other nivissvc.dll file from other pc. However, this problem still happen. Therefore, that is not lab-view software problem that is PCs problem.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(9,712 Views)

That's true. After reinstalling Windows + Labview 2010 + VAS 2014.02 it's not reporting any error.

Installing Windows updates and other drivers/software now. I'll update this post if it'll stop working later.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(9,696 Views)

I also ran into this issue.

Advice: stay away from the imaq drivers of Feb 2015 (als found DevSuite2015Q2).

Response of NI support:

Unfortunately, we have no clear-cut solution to the problem. Many customers have tried to reinstall all NI Software, but the problem persists. In addition, they have tried to copy the nivissvc.dll from other freshly installed computers, but with the same result. The only way to solve this issue at the moment that has been proven successful is a reinstall of Windows. However, this is a very drastic way to resolve the issue.

At the moment, it does not seem to be related to the NI Software, but to the files in Windows. In a related issue (not identical, it was another dll), one customer could get around the issue by going back to a Windows restore point earlier than when the newer version of the drivers were installed.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(9,499 Views)

I got the exact same error when trying to work with LV2012. 

Any solution by now, part for reinstalling the Windows?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(5,728 Views)