LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

niimaqdx.dll is missing

Hallo,

yesterday I had the problem that my IMAQ toolbax was not visible -> https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/no-IMAQ-or-IMAQdx-toolbox/m-p/3690255#M1037738

after solved the Problem I went home. This morning, however, when I try to use a tool or open a example I get the message niimaqdx.dll is missing or imaq.dll is missing depending on which tool i use.

I use LabVIEW 2016, I installed 17(64bit) which does not support realtime, so I dont use it.

NI Max19_9.PNG

best regarts

Kevin

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(5,078 Views)

Hi Kevin, 

Try to reinstall those tools.

If some dll are missing, it will automatically reinstall it.

Best regarts

Fred

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(5,068 Views)

Thanks for replying

first I reinstalled VAS which didnt work.

Then I uninsalled VAS and reinstallt it which didnt work either.

funny thing: there is a niimaqdx.dll in the Window\System32 folder

regarts

Kevin

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(5,045 Views)

Hello KevinRSmith,

what you can try is to install a newer version

NI Vision Acquisition Software January 2017

Please check in the dialog that it will be installed in 2016 and 2017 then you can use it in both version.

best regards
Alexander
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(5,006 Views)

I suspect you've gotten yourself in "NI Multiple Version Installation Hell".  It is tricky enough installing successive versions on LabVIEW, but I would be very wary of installing both 32-bit LabVIEW and 64-bit LabVIEW on the same PC.

However, that's what you have done, and now you are having problems.  Even though you say you are not using LabVIEW 2017 64-bit, it has still been installed, and has "does whatever LabVIEW does when things are installed" (which includes starting/stopping specific Services).

I have been through multiple multi-version Installations, not all of which went well (I'm waiting for LabVIEW 2017 SP1 before I try installing this version on my Development machines, one of which I had to do the "ultimate uninstall/reinstall", starting with "Reformat the C: Drive, Install Windows 10, Install Software, Restore User Data").

Here are some steps I would consider taking, in order of simplicity and possibility of success:

• Uninstall LabVIEW 2017 64-bit.
  • Uninstall all LabVIEW 2017 modules/toolkits/items.
  • Uninstall all National Instruments Software (note -- this seems to take time comparable to installing the software, i.e. a long time).
  • Rebuild the PC (fortunately, I only had to do this twice in seven years, but once was a month ago ...).

Bob Schor

P.S. -- on my system (LabVIEW 2016), I have three copies of niimaqdx.dll: C:\Windows\System32, C:\Windows\SysWOW64, and C:\Program Files(x86)\National Instruments\RT Images\NI-IMAQdx\16.0.0.  I suspect the latter is what you need and are missing.  Incidentally, I'm running LabVIEW 2016 32-bit on Windows 10 x64, Version 1703.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,998 Views)

Hi,

i deinstallt all labview completly and installt everything again (exept LV2017). now Vision dose work but the crio dose not conect.

Now i am working on a difrent PC.

I wasted nearly 4 days with that Problem.

To install LabVIEW realy is a pain in the ass, you guys should work on that.

best regarts

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,991 Views)

Hello KevinRSmith,

can you ping the system?

If yes manually enter the IP into the MAX under remote systems create new ther is also a option for network troubleshouting there.

best regards
Alexander
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,989 Views)

Maybe I can chip in something of worth here.

Beforehand it is important to note that you should abide by the 4year-support-rule of NI. Don't get lured into the trap of installing LabVIEW version that are more than 4 years apart in release date! It will mess up all your drivers, modules and toolkits for all the unsupported LabVIEW installations WITHOUT any prior notice during install! Removing all NI software and reinstalling the oldest LabVIEW version you need won't help you then, since drivers and other files of the newest version weren't removed and cannot be used by the old version of LabVIEW!

My (successful) experience in the installation order of different versions (time- and bit-wise) of LabVIEW and Modules/ Toolkits is the following:

1. LabVIEW vX.Y without any HW drivers
    1. x86
    2. x64
  2. LabVIEW v(X.Y) + 1 without any HW drivers
    1. x86
    2. x64
  3. (time-wise next LV version): similar to 1 and 2
  4. all modules/toolkits - latest version that supports all installed LabVIEW versions
  5. HW drivers - as in 4

Be sure to perform a system restart when indicated. I've done this a dozen times, on new systems from scratch and on systems where I removed NI software before reinstalling. Never had any problems with this installation order.

This goes for LV2011 through LV2015, DAQmx, IMAQ, IMAQdx, VisionDevMod, Standard DevSuite Toolkits in x86 and x64 versions. Didn't use RT or cRIO.

Hope this helps.

Falk

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,955 Views)