LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

niRemoteDD.dll

I recently encountered these problems with Labview 8.2:

1. When I try to open a new project I get the error message: nimxoffline.exe-unable to locate component

"This application has failed to syart because niRemoteDD.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem".

2. My existing VIs use an NI6009 USB daq. They open, but when I run them nothing happens, like the daq isn't working.

I recently downloaded and installed DAQmx 9.1.1, which is supposed to be the newest version compatible with Labview 8.2. That may be the problem, but I didn't test the VIs right after or try to open a new project, so I'm not absolutely sure. Also, I've noticed that when I tried to install NI software (like runtime engines) before, it refused to install if newer versions were present. Thus, simply trying an older version of DAQmx may not be easy.

Please help! 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,462 Views)

Further information:

PC has XP with service pack 3 (compatible with DAQmx up to 9.8 according to NI compatibility chart.)

Previous version of DAQmx was 8.0.1

There is a "niremotedd.dll" file in the MAX\Data Dictionary\Compatibility folder

Hope that helps!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,455 Views)

For the first problem, I see that the niRemoteDD.dll was located in C:\Program Files\National Instruments\MAX\Data Dictionaries in my pc. So you can search wheather it is in your root directory of NI. If not, you can update your NI MAX.

For the second problem. can you find the device in your NI MAX? if OK, you can test it in the MAX

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,440 Views)

Thanks for your suggestions Allen,

Since I last posted I first uninstalled DAQmx 9.1.1 and reinstalled 8.0.1. However, it wouldn't let me uninstall the updated version of MAX (4.6.1) to reinstall 4.0 without uninstalling Labview too! DAQmx 8.0.1 and MAX 4.6.1 didn't get along (even though I read on the nI site that newer versions of MAX work with previous versions of DAQmx), so then nothing worked. So, I installed DAQmx 9.1.1 again, and now everything is working fine!

It may have just been a bad install, but the whole thing scares the hell out of me because I don't know how or when it happened, what fixed it, and if it might happen again!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,438 Views)

Well done. haha, Software version is really a problem and boring. Luckly you solved it. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,432 Views)