From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

niHSDIO Error: Not Enough Space in Tristate Memory

I am running a stimulus/response VI that was derived from the "Stimulus Response Load From HWS File.vs" example.  When I run the VI, the "niHSDIO Write Named Waveform from File (HWS)" VI throws an error stating "there is not enough space in the tristate memory for the data in this waveform."  The error code is -1074118584.

My 6556 cards have 64Mb per channel memory and this particular HWS contains 16,749,915 samples per channel.  I have run vectors of this length and larger (up to 64M) before and have never experienced this error.

I tried splitting the HWS file into two smaller files (10M samples each) with no success.  I also tried files in 3M chunks (6 total).  The first file loaded and ran but the second file, which is the same size, failed with the tristate memory error.  I am calling niHSDIO Close between each file load, which should clear the waveform memory.  Using niHSDIO Delete Waveforms between loads fails saying no such waveform exists.

I am running LV2011 SP1, NI-HSDIO v2.0, and NI-HWS v1.5.

I cannot find anything online regarding this error and there is no mention of "tristate memory" any where on NI's website.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,176 Views)