LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

niFgen Export Signal

I am using niFgen Export Signal with LabVIEW 8.6F. I am trying to set up a software trigger and route it to PFI0 on a PXI-5421 AWG, however, I keep getting the error "Invalid value for signal name" when using any of the Defined Values as found in the niFgen Export Signal help menu under "Signal", specifically "NIFGEN_VAL_START_TRIGGER". I cannot find any niFGEN VI examples that contain the niFgen Export Signal VI. Might anyone have any exporting trigger example VIs that I could take a look at? Is there a primer somewhere on trigger set-up? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,281 Views)

Hi pfast21,

I believe a software trigger does not need to be routed. For the niFgen Configure Trigger VI, the Start Software Edge version does not require a Source input while the Start Digital Edge version does. If you want to send a software trigger, you use the niFgen Send Software Trigger Edge VI. If you need to use a digital trigger, then you would not need to export the signal. Instead, you just point the trigger VI to the source.

You can find more information about configuring triggers in the NI Signal Generators Help file. This can be found at Start->All Programs->National Instruments->NI FGEN->Documentation.

Regards

Josh Y.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,241 Views)