From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ni vision - geometric matching

hi,

i am a beginner and i don't know what i'm doing wrong. i have a template (marker200_tmp.png) and would like to search for it in a picture (marker_3_pike_500_gross.jpg). when i use the vision assistent and search with the geometric matching tool, i don't get appropriate matches. i changed the curve parameters and so on, but nothing led to a good result.

can anyone help me?

thanks

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,521 Views)

Hi Kuxi,

the reference template and your image from the factory floor looks good, so that it should work. You attached both images, but you forgot unfortunately to attach the code of the Vision Assistant. Can you also post the file from the Vission Assistant?

It would also be helpful, if you add the information, which Version of the Vision Software you are using and if you are using the Vision Builder for automated Inspection or the Vision Development Module.

Regards, Stephan

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,498 Views)

hi stephan,

i attached the simple code which i use for testing, i use version 2012 of the vision assistent.

when i use it with my old webcam (low resolution) it works, with images from the pike camera (http://www.adept.net.au/cameras/avt/pdf/PIKE_F_100B_C.pdf) the code finds some results when i change the parameters, but not the right one.

maybe there are a few tricks for changing the parameters??

i use the vision builder for testing purposes, usually i use the develoment module.

regards, kuxi

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,483 Views)

Hey kuxi,

I would recomand you to use the pattern matching instead of the geometric matching. I also have problems with the geometric matching but I think the reason for this issue is that your image is very lage and the objects which you want to dectect are relatively small in the image. You have only ~80x80 pixel for the whole black background. On this Background, you have to dectect the edges of symbol. I think that is not enough for the geometric matching algorithm.

I used the patchern matching algorithm and with it it is possible to decte all objects (see attached image).

Regards, Stephan

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,456 Views)

hi stephan,

thank you for your posting.

i tried it already with pattern matching. in my case changing the distance to the camera, i can not always create new templates for pattern matching, furthemor, there are no multiple pattern matching and i need the changed size of the templates.

yesterday i entlarged my image (1500x1500) and the algorithm found my template by changing some parameters, so i'll play around more and maybe find a useful result.

i do not understand that the lower limit of scale 10 is, in my case the factor is about 14, so I was thinking that the algorithm actually should already overcome, 

regards, kuxi

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,434 Views)