From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ni vision 2010: how to create popup window for shape matching subvi?

I have programmed a vi to take apart an AVI file frame by frame=> convert the images to binary=> do an fft=> morphology=>detect circles

the object of the vi is to capture the  motion of micron size silica beads and track their movement for optical trap stiffness measurements.

what I would like to add to the program is a pop up window (or option) at the start  of the program that allows you to take the first frame of the video, have all the analysis done to that frame, then like in vision assistant be able to select a template from that frame to do shape matching. I would then use that frame in my normal program to track a particular shape. im open to both general lab view advice about pop up windows, how to grab and save a particular portion of an image, or maybe even how the pop up windows work in vision assistant itself.

I have included an earlier vi and a sample avi to run.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,314 Views)

If you're looking for a pop-up window, I would suggest exploring the external display palette found the in Vision Utilities Palette.The Windraw VI is very much like a normal front panel image display except it is external to the VI, you can then construct ROI's on it and use those in the rest of your code.   

As far as rebuilding a custom version of Vision Assistant for your application, this may be a bit more difficult.  You could simply call a VI that will open up and "act" as your popup window.  You can then create buttons and commands that the user can interact with, and when done, you can close the SubVI and move back to your main application.

Tejinder Gill
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
Visit ni.com/gettingstarted for step-by-step help in setting up your system.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,289 Views)