LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ni usb-6501 to communicate it with multiplexer and to then communicate with keithley 2420

@gredw

i am sorry instead of simultaneous it should be sequentially

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 25
(815 Views)

will using relays work instead of mux. ?or it will increase the complexity?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 25
(815 Views)

Hi jyot,

it's the same complexity: you still need to output those digital signals.

It doesn't matter if there is a MUX or 3 relays…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 25
(806 Views)

@gredw can you help me in how to control the mux with labview (ni usb-6501 as the selector inputs)or can wedo this without using ni usb-6501?

@GerdW wrote:

Hi jyot,

it's the same complexity: you still need to output those digital signals.

It doesn't matter if there is a MUX or 3 relays…

i have done the mux control in arduino (to measure opamp  output voltage with diffrerent feedback resistors)but i don't know how to do here

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 25
(797 Views)

Hi jyot,

i have done the mux control in arduino (to measure opamp  output voltage with diffrerent feedback resistors)but i don't know how to do here

How did you do that with your Arduino? Any sketch to read?

how to control the mux with labview (ni usb-6501 as the selector inputs)

Output the needed (digital?) signals using your USB6501. LabVIEW comes with a huge example VI library, there are also examples explaining how to output digital signals…

or can wedo this without using ni usb-6501?

Well, you could use your Arduino again…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 25
(793 Views)

hi gredw,

//Output the needed (digital?) signals using your USB6501. LabVIEW comes with a huge example VI library, there are also examples explaining how to output digital signals//

its not the digital signal to output its about enabling  a particular channel and then doing its measurement with keithley(as i  have shown in diagram)

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 25
(802 Views)

Hi jyot,

its not the digital signal to output its about enabling  a particular channel and then doing its measurement with keithley

Your diagram shows:

You wire some (digital?) signals from USB6501 to MUX device. Using those signals from USB6501 you can select the channel you want to measure with the Keithley.

So in my opinion it's all about outputting those (digital?) signals from your USB6501 to the MUX device!

(If my understanding of your diagram is wrong then you need to explain it in more detailed and clear way!)

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 25
(799 Views)

@GerdW wrote:

Hi jyot,

if no one of you people are getting it,it would be better not  to reply on this thread.

You should have provided that image right from the start. Much better than writing a thousand words…

you need to implement several steps:

1. set 3 DO signals to select the MUX channel
  2. wait for signal settling time
  3. read Keithley measurement value
  4. go back to step 1 to select next MUX channel

Whenever you have clear steps you could use a state machine.

Whenever there is a loop in your algorithm you need/should use a loop in your code.

Which of these steps is a problem to you?

Where are you stuck?

Hi,

Coming to the step 1 I did the same (port 0 /any three lines with one line as high & other two low)

I communicated it with keithley but it's not working accordingly. I have breakout board of cd4051

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 25
(781 Views)

Hi jyot,

I communicated it with keithley but it's not working accordingly. I have breakout board of cd4051

1. How is your image related to that sentence?

2. Please define "not working accordingly"…

3. How does that breakout board come into play? Can you provide a schematic of your wiring?

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 25
(779 Views)

Hi gerdW,

I am sorry I uploaded a wrong pictureA simple schematic ( I am sorry for it being messy)A simple schematic ( I am sorry for it being messy)

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 25
(774 Views)