LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ni_security_salapi.dll

Solved!
Go to solution

I recently upgraded LV 2010 to SP1 here at home (Vista home premium 64 bit).  I noticed that the first time I open the properties dialog after starting LabVIEW, I get this dialog box where it is searching for ni_security_salapi.dll

It takes a long time (about 20-30 seconds) but eventually finds it.  Or even if I cancel the dialog, the property dialog opens up okay.

I found the file does exist at C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2010\vi.lib\Platform\security

Has anyone else seen this?  Any ideas why it is causing such a holdup in loading the properties dialog?  Any ideas on how to fix?

Message 1 of 19
(3,245 Views)

I don't know how to fix it.

I think that may have seen that being used by DSC (when I ws looking were I wasn't supposed to look).

DSC has (or used to have) security functions built-in to allow you to quickly and easily apply security setting to various controls (It handled the enable disable based on security settings on a user by user basis). It alos proved login/out inactivity timeouts etc.

So...

You aren't by any chance looking at a DSC example are you?

Ben 

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 2 of 19
(3,220 Views)

Hi Ben,  thanks.

I do have the DSC module installed  I don't remember any issues with the installation.  This is showing up when I start LabVIEW fresh then open a blank VI.  I drop down a simple control (boolean, numeric, ...) then right click for properties.

I will probably wind up rerunning or repairing the intallation to see if that helps.  I have yet to upgrade my work PC from 2010 to 2010SP1.  So I may do that first and see if I get the same problem.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 19
(3,209 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author RavensFan

maybe just a mass-compile to re-link?

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 4 of 19
(3,206 Views)

I'll try that tonight.  Should I be running that on the VI.lib directory?  I'm trying to figure out where PropPage_FPSecurity.vi is located, but I'm not finding it.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 19
(3,195 Views)

Nor do I.

I was winging it when I mentioned DSC.

Ben

Message 6 of 19
(3,192 Views)

Yup I have the same problem.  I figured it was a DSC issue.  You can just cancel out of the meaningless search and so far has has no ill effects, just annoying.

BTW, it started happening when I upgraded to LV2010 SP1

Message 7 of 19
(3,185 Views)

Thanks.

Maybe what I'll do is when I upgrade my work PC to 2010SP1, I'll leave off the DSC module and see how it behaves.    Then I'll install it to see if the problem occurs.

If anyone else has seen this problem, please add a message to this thread.

If anyone from NI can comment, maybe we have a bug that should get a CAR#.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 19
(3,180 Views)

Ben,

I mass compiled a few directories tonight, and I think it worked.

I finally found the PropPage_FPSecurity.vi in C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2010\resource\PropertyPages\Pages.  I noticed it had a file date of 12/8/10 5:25 am while most of the other files in that directory had dates like 1/14/11 12:36 am.

I wound up loading and resaving that file and the NI_DSC_PropPageFPSecurity.lvlib in that directory.

I mass compiled vi.lib\platform\security directory and also vi.lib\lvdsc directory.

I'm not sure which I did last and if that was the only thing that finally corrected it, or a combination of all of them.

I'll see how things go when I upgrade my work PC to see if I have the same problems, and try to document more clearly how exactly I solved it.

Message 9 of 19
(3,170 Views)

While I do not have a solution for this, I do want to add I have had more problems with SP1 than without it (ironic isn't it?):smileytongue:

Message 10 of 19
(3,167 Views)