cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ni 9234 fifo dma dropping samples

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I've got an issue when sampling using the cRIO and an AI card NI 9234, Currently configured to sample a 1k Hz signal from signal generator on FPGA side going directly to DMA which is (1023 elements in size) to the host side (1 million element size). Using producer, consumer architecture and saving to tdms on the consumer side. The producer has the read from dma fifo. Please see images any help would be great ! Smiley Very Happy

If i plot the data i get this :

1khzsig.png

Here is my FPGA code :

figa.png

Here is my host side :

host.png

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,444 Views)

Hi leapingfrog,

To get the shape information of a signal, you need to generally sample at a rate of 5-10times the frequency of the signal. In your case since the signal frequency is 1kHz, you need to sample at a rate of 5-10 kHz (the higher the better). You can change the data rate of the module to a higher value (maybe 10.240ks/sec) and check if this makes things better.

Thanks and Regards,

Thanks and Regards,
Supreeth.K

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,404 Views)

Hi,

I tried sampling at higher rates, basically i tried all the available settings all the way up to 51.2k s/s and i still get a graph like i've posted. The only difference i notice is when i drop the input signal to 10hz, then it works.  Anything above that i get the same problem. I thought it could be with a specific setting. I change the sampling rate then simply save the vl file and rebuild the project deploying to the cRIO.

Do you have any other suggestions as i'm kind of stuck Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,396 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author leapingfrog

Hi,

The issue has been resolved on this post. 

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,384 Views)