why do I have this error?

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,010 Views)

@zy6 wrote:

why do I have this error?

thanks

Which error?  You've told us the Device that (presumably) "threw" the error, you showed us a partial Picture of some code (too small to read), part of the code picture is covered up with a hard-to-read Probe window, the Probe locations aren't obvious on the Picture, etc.  You've also told us nothing about what you are doing (the Picky Details) and what you are trying to do (the Big Picture).

I'm going to take a wild guess that its either a Hardware Issue (I'd estimate 15% probability) or a Software Issue (estimated at 85%).  If you want something other than guesswork, please do the following:

• Attach the VI (or VIs) itself (or themselves).  We learn so much more from a VI than from a picture.  I'll note that not everyone will be able to open your VI (because you may be using a more recent version of LabVIEW than they), but nothing beats the LabVIEW Development System for examining and debugging LabVIEW code.
  • If there's an Error Message, it is helpful to attach a picture of the Message.  It gives us the Error Number and where in your code it failed (useful if you have sub-VIs).
  • If you have a Probe Window, again, a Picture is OK, but we need to know where the Probes are placed.
  • The circumstances that causes the Error can be helpful.  Remember, we're not there looking over your shoulder and able to ask questions "in Real Time".

Something that can be helpful in LabVIEW Debugging is to make tiny routines that do one basic step (like open a device and making a connection).  If that works, add the next step.  Too many people "Write First, and Test When It Is All Done" -- finding a bug in a several-screen program is much harder than in a test routine with 5 LabVIEW functions and structures ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,972 Views)