LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ni 6008 single digital pulse generation

Hi,

I want to use NI 6008 to generate a single digital pulse on demand (not a pulse train). I guess it won't be very difficult, but I don't know much about Labview. Could someone write a VI for me? Thanks and I really appreciate any help.

Jie
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,221 Views)

In LabVIEW do Help -> Find Examples.  Do a search withing find example for "digital pulse" and select VI Gen Dig Pluse.vi

Try this link:

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/2721

Matthew Fitzsimons

Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW 6.1 ... 2013, LVOOP, GOOP, TestStand, DAQ, and Vison
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,210 Views)
Thanks. But I cannot run the file downloaded from the link, cause many sub VIs are missing. Also, the Gen Dig Pulse.vi cannot find any port. I am new to labview. Could you give more hints? Thanks. By the way, I am using Labview 8.0.

Jie
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,203 Views)

The example I sent you needs a counter that is not available on the 6008.  That do you want as far as duration of the signal.  Is it critical?  You can send a very simple high and low using a software timer.  Attached is a very simple digital pulse.  You need to select the line to generate the pulse and the delay between high and low.

Matthew Fitzsimons

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,199 Views)
The pulse width will not be very critical. We want it to be ajustable on the order of several milliseconds. Your VI cannot not be recognized. Could you sent one for Labview 8? Thanks for your help.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,197 Views)
Version 8.0
Matthew Fitzsimons

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,180 Views)
Thanks, that's exactly what i am looking for.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,172 Views)

No problem

Matthew Fitzsimons

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,169 Views)