From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

newly written tdm/tdms file not found

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am trying to save some simple thermocouple data to a tdm/tdms file.  I run my vi and it seems to work just fine. I am using the NI 9213 getting started example as a basis and have added tdms open, tdms set properties, tdms write, and tdms close.  I can see the data streaming on the waveform chart but when I hit stop and go look for the saved file I can't seem to find it.  What am I doing wrong?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 21
(3,922 Views)

Can you share your code?  Are you getting any errors?

A total shot in the dark, but it seems like when you open the TDMS file you are setting the option to Open when you really want Create Or Open.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 21
(3,916 Views)

I set it to create.  When I run it once for a new folder it runs just fine but if I try again I get error 6.  When I specify the folder I hit current folder. Could you tell me how to share my code?  I am new to this. I've seen people have a snippet of their code in the post.  How do I do that?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 21
(3,907 Views)

The easiest way is to just attach the VIs.  If there's more than 3, then zip them up and attach the zip file.

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 21
(3,903 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 21
(3,899 Views)

A project file does not contain any actual code.  You need to attach the VIs.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 21
(3,897 Views)

Sorry.  Thank for the patience.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 21
(3,894 Views)

@SRamirez wrote:

I set it to create.  When I run it once for a new folder it runs just fine but if I try again I get error 6.

You are specifying a folder?  You should be giving a full file path (like c:\temp\blah.tdms).  What you might want to do is build a file name based on the data/time.  This way you won't have to worry about overwriting files and what not.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 21
(3,889 Views)

I think I previously tried that but I got error 7.  I put in like test.tdms, a file that didn't exist because I assume its going to create it correct?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 21
(3,886 Views)

If the folder that you chose doesn't exist yet, then you will get an error.  Can't tell you how many times I ran into that problem.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 21
(3,880 Views)