From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.net callback event list is empty

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, I can't get the Events dropdown list to populate in the .NET Reg Events Callback node.

My ultimate aim is to connect to my own .NET assembly, but as a basic test I tried to replicate the example : Callback VI

The downloaded VI runs fine, but If I try to construct the VI myself from scratch, I run into issues.

Everything is fine until I try to pulldown the list of available Events in the Reg Events Callback node. A "No Events" tooltip box is all I get.

Properties and methods all populate fine in the relevant nodes.

System : Labview Version 2012. Tried on Windows 7 & Windows 8, two different PCs, with and without VS2005 installed. Always the same result.

Any suggestions welcome. Cheers.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,011 Views)

Turns out this is known issue. .Net objects with only one public event will show that event in the Reg Event Callback node. Objects with multiple public events leave the Events field of the node blank. The dropdown list is not populated in either case. NI support are hopefully supplying a patch in the short term and rectifying the problem in the long term.

Message 2 of 6
(2,974 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author BobBann

Hi Bob,

Thanks for summarising the issue,

To clarify this issue for other people, it only seems to effect users on the Base Version of LabVIEW. If you are experiencing this problem then it is advised to contact NI's tech support.

Regards,

Ben Clark
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,964 Views)

I am Using full development system. but this "No Events" Problem occured. Can you please share the Patch to fix this. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,134 Views)

You're replying to a 7 year old post, so it's pretty unlikely any of the original posters are going to come back and reply.

You also need to provide more information.  What version of LabVIEW (year plus type, i.e. full/base/pro) as well as operating system, bit level of the LabVIEW install, and so on.

Also, posting the VI in question is helpful.  If not possible a screenshot would be better than nothing.

It's also entirely possible that you've wired the wrong reference to the node.  More details about the reference you're trying to get events from would help here too.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,119 Views)

i am having a similar issue with labview 17 full development edition. The methods and property nodes populate successfully, but the callback node doesn't.

i found that after having registered manually the active x event refnum to the class i need to use, the callback event populates again.

Upon labview startup, the callback node is empty again.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,845 Views)