LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need to read mean function output as array.

hiii everyone ...

i am fresher to labview .please help me ..

i need to read the mean function output as array. i know that mean function can't  gives the output as array. but in my application its required array.

i have 1D array wave form from that i need mean value and again its should be 1D array waveform .

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,946 Views)

Hi NI,

i know that mean function can't gives the output as array. but in my application its required array.

The simple (like quick&dirty) answer to that sentence is: use BuildArray…

i have 1D array wave form from that i need mean value and again its should be 1D array waveform .

Do you have an array of waveforms as input? Then you should use an autoindexing loop to handle that array - and you would get an array of mean values as output. What's your problem, anyway?

What kind of output do you expect? Why do you need an array of waveforms as output of an average function?

Most often it helps to provide an example VI, with some useful test data set as default inside the VI. Also give an example for the expected output of your example VI…

(And don't use the latest LabVIEW version when posting VIs, you will get a broader audience when you use an older LabVIEW version. I like LV2017.)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,925 Views)

Are you looking for a moving average?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,875 Views)

thanks for your suggestion . actually my problem is i am acquiring some amount of data but its getting fluctuation ..those  data i displaying and storing in a TDMS file format. to avoid fluctuation i made average those data in display section and its showing stable value without fluctuation. but daqmax read function storing data as a fluctuated values only . while open and read the TDMS file there  i am getting stored data as fluctuation. 

you have any idea about to avoid fluctuation.

DAQ card 20kS/s

i am reading only 1000S/s

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,842 Views)

Hi NI,

Read at 20kS/s and average to 1kS/s to reduce noise before saving to file...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,831 Views)