LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need help with labview

i'm know very little about labview (see previous message, best way to
learn labview?) and need help creating a VI.

i am doing an experiment where i need to measure the time elasped
between a transmitted and reflected pulse. these pulses are generated
(transmitted) and sensed (reflected) by an ultrasonic transducer. We
supply the power to the transducer by setting 2 MHZ (resonant frequency
of transducer) and 10 VPP (for a voltage burst) on a function
generator. on our oscillscope, we get a waveform of the transmited
pulse and then a waveform of the reflected pulse and then smaller and
smaller reflected pulses behind it. When we try to put this same graph
on labview by using the "analog input VI" in the NI manual (p. 9-27), we
don
't get the same result.
we get this wave that is scrunched in the corner and it doesn't move
extend past the left end of the graph. it might be a trigger problem
but i have no idea how to fix it. Are there any already created VIs
that can provide the graph that we have described (shows the transmitted
pulse and then smaller reflected pulses afterward)? any help would be
apppreciated.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,479 Views)
Please, a couple questions before.
How do you introduce your field signal into de computer?
Are you using a GPIB to access the oscilloscope?
Are you using any kind of Data acquisition system?

--
Francisco Javier Fernandez Luna
Ingeniero Tec. Industrial en Electronica.
Tel: 619 81 98 31
franciscojavier.luna@uca.es
ó pacoluna@postmark.net
Would you like your answer in spanish? Please, let me know.
Si prefiere que conteste a sus preguntas en español, por favor, hagamelo
saber.

"Let's make things better" (PHILIPS)
escribió en el mensaje de noticias
37FB441A.C7643EA9@yahoo.com...
> i'm know very little about labview (see previous message, best way to
> learn labview?) and need help creating a VI.
>
> i am doing an experiment where i need to meas
ure the time elasped
> between a transmitted and reflected pulse. these pulses are generated
> (transmitted) and sensed (reflected) by an ultrasonic transducer. We
> supply the power to the transducer by setting 2 MHZ (resonant frequency
> of transducer) and 10 VPP (for a voltage burst) on a function
> generator. on our oscillscope, we get a waveform of the transmited
> pulse and then a waveform of the reflected pulse and then smaller and
> smaller reflected pulses behind it. When we try to put this same graph
> on labview by using the "analog input VI" in the NI manual (p. 9-27), we
> don't get the same result.
> we get this wave that is scrunched in the corner and it doesn't move
> extend past the left end of the graph. it might be a trigger problem
> but i have no idea how to fix it. Are there any already created VIs
> that can provide the graph that we have described (shows the transmitted
> pulse and then smaller reflected pulses afterward)? any help would be
> apppreciated
.
>
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,479 Views)