From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need help with cosmetic changes of front panel

Solved!
Go to solution

When using the DrawTextAtPoint function you can define the font, the font size, and the position of the text…

- I am aware of that but I don't know how can I choose 2 types of fonts in the same DrawTextAtPoint function, for the string indicator I used select text and the font name property nodes, as you can see in the VI that i attached earlier.

Thanks for the idea of removing the iota part when it's zero.

Why do you need so many string indicators?

-I am learning cosmetics for the front panel, so this is a task given to me.

(You can create as many as needed at edit time of your VI…)

-I know I can do it manually, but I am not allowed to change the program each time I get new input. So, I was looking for a way to use Loops or some function to do so.

Here is a detailed version of the task: I need help with c(i) and idea for c(x) at this moment, for the rest of the parts I want to give them a try myself first as I have a basic idea of what I need to do from c(ii) to c(ix).

Step a: find roots of 10x^2 -8x^2 +9x-7

Step b: same roots must not be repeated

Step c: let us work on the display of roots
(i) The roots must come in different string indicators.
(ii) no iota for real numbers
(iii) number of string indicators must be smartly chosen based on the number of roots
(iv) we will follow the format as in "google.com" ... There is a big centered equation entry point and a "calculate" button next to it which you need to click to calculate roots
(V) not to forget the program must always in running mode
(Vi) as soon as you press "calculate" two roots must appear below similar to "google search" and "I am feeling lucky" positions
(Vii) below those write a clickable text "show all the roots" as soon as someone presses it ... Use your design capability to show beautifully all the remaining roots symmetrically. You can use all the space as in full screen mode.

(viii): all 2 to infinite number of roots must be properly displayable.. you can make use of vertical scroll bar if needed
(ix): if there is a equation such as "4x+8" .. give popup .. "c'mmon you can solve it yourself"

We will add few things later on .. so apart from equation input and root outputs.. the screen must not have anything else.

(x) it's always good to avoid use of a horizontal scroll bar as much possible. So if the screen size of the code is less .. the root display must adjust to accommodate rest below. (Vertical scroll bars will help). Only if the screen is shrunk horizontally beyond the width of the equation editor... The horizontal scroll bar must come into use. The roots displayed below needs to accommodate only till the width of equation editor .. beyond which the roots display need not to shrink further to accommodate.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(245 Views)

Haven’t looked at the whole thread, bur check out the following

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Darren-s-Weekly-Nugget-12-07-2009/td-p/1035868/page/2

mcduff 

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(240 Views)