LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need help with Hipot test

Hi everybody

is there anyone work with Gaurdian 1000 series Hipot test ?? I need some assistanse

I have some proplems there is delay when I get data from device .

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,053 Views)

What does your VI look like?

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,045 Views)

We would need to see the VI or have additional info in order to try to help you.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,039 Views)

Hi

Attached is my Vi

The problem was when I run the test I get the data but for example it has gave me Device Name reading in Voltage reading field , sometime it gave me Real current reading in Voltage reading filed , testing wihle reading in real current reading filed and so on .

I could not get data in right place

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,020 Views)

Does it work if you step through the program.  It sounds like your program might be sending commands and not waiting long enough for the Guardian to respond, then sends another command and receives the response from a previous command.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,008 Views)

yea , I think this was the problem

I tried to put 2 second waiting between commands ,but still I face the same problem .
should I do some setting for device to be more quickly?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,004 Views)

General comment on the code:

You should avoid using the flat sequence structure and use the error cluster and VISA reference in / out for the data flow (sequence). 

HiPot tester:

Is there a command that will tell the program that the last command was complete?  Or would it return a value like 0 or -1?

Otherwise, relying on a fixed delay may not be reliable.  Using a large delay would unnecessarily slow down the application.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(2,996 Views)

there is no command  to tell the program that the last command complet , but I will use time , there is specific time to stop the loop  .

about error cluster function , actually I do not know how can I use it inside sequance , can you show me example about it please .

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,989 Views)

First step is to clean up the code.  It should look something like below:

You can create a sub VI for your delay or a subvi which contains both the VISA write preceeded by a delay (better).

Get rid of all the flat sequences (as in the code snippet above).

The best approach would be a State Machine, but that advice may be a bit premature.

To learn more about LabVIEW, I suggest you try looking at some of these tutorials.

There are other tricks to cleanup / improve the block diagram, but we can get into that later.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,974 Views)

thanks for helping

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,964 Views)