LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need help for building a VI for measuring HRV

Hello Friends,

I am new to Labview and finding it difficult to build a VI to Measure HRV. I am using contactless CCECG ie is capacitive coupled ECG. My signal is full of noise, so i need to first remove the noise and then find HRV. I am using Real time ECG signal thru NI USB -6215 to acquire the data. Though i found some example VI's in the forum i couldnt implement it to my requirements. I found one of the VI in the examples frm the forum which I have attached here. My problem is how do i read the data since I am using a Real time ECG signal and not from the file. Which function can I use to read my data. Could you please guide me how to approach this.

Thank you for your time.
regards,
abhijit
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,685 Views)
Do you successfully acquire data from the DAQ card? If so, just substitute the output of the DAQ Read VI for the output of the file read. If not, please be specific about what your DAQ problem is.

I see three areas of concern:
1. The best way to eliminate noise is by use of good sensors and signal conditioning before digitizing. From what I have read capacitive ECG sensing is generally noisier than wired electrodes. The noise and motion artifact are the prices you pay for the convenience of the contactless sensing. Is there anything you can do to improve your signal before it gets to the computer? Filtering or other processing afterwards is never as good.
2. The peak detector VI in your ECG analyzer.vi should have the width input wired to a control or constant. If your signal is noisy, you will likely need to experiment with the width parameter for best peak detection. The shift register should be initialized. Even then the first element of the output array will not have meaningful data and should be discarded before doing the HRV analysis.
3. How do you plan to determine when a QRS has been missed or a p wave detected in addition? What will you do with the data when such things occur? In any real ECG analysis system these are problems which will occur sooner or later.

Lynn
Message 2 of 5
(2,680 Views)
can giveme some project through that answer (your answer)?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,662 Views)

There is a startup kit about HRV analysis. You can refer to it.

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/5832

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,635 Views)

Hi Lynn,

Thanks for replying. I am able to acquire data from USB 6215, but as I said it is full of noise. So i tried different methods to remove the noise, I was not succesful. Could you please guide me in this. Any .vi would be very helpful.

Actually i saw the example program in labview about ECG QRS complex detection where they are using wavelet analysis data samples as input. If i have to modify this vi according to my requirements, what function should i use as input, as I am acquring real time data from CCECG and not from data samples.

Regards,

abhijit

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,567 Views)