LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need advice to draw efficiently

hello

I must developp an application that displays a color (blue red white black green) of a wheel depending on a value. It is replacing an old application (picture joined)  that is running on VB6.

I must develop the same behaviour, and I know labview is not very draw-friendly.. do you know if there is tools that can help me to create such images? do you have advice?

thanks

thank you2.png

Pierre FCentum TNS, Grenoble
Certified LabVIEW Associated Developer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,868 Views)

How many colors are you looking to produce?  Is it a limited set or is it programmatic?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,849 Views)

I 'm looking to display blue green red white black yellow, depe,nding on a value.. it's a limited set.

Pierre FCentum TNS, Grenoble
Certified LabVIEW Associated Developer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,826 Views)

Hi Pierre,

If you have a limited number of colors, I suggest you create your coloured stars using a drawing software, and then integrate them in LabVIEW using a Picture Ring control to dynamically display the coloured stars you have created. You'll find them with the rings and enum controls, they are called "Menu déroulant d'images" in LabVIEW French.

Adding Picture Items to Ring Controls

Have a nice day,

M-Junior

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,799 Views)

Another option is to import your image in a format that supports transparency, and have a total transparent value where you want the colour to show. Place this 'stencil image' over a coulour box, then you can programatically send any colour you want to the box and you'll get your chosen image.

Message 5 of 5
(2,749 Views)