From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need Kikusui Load PLZ664W series drivers..please help!

I have purchase the load..with 0V, 132Amps..PLZ664WA and doesn't have the labview drivers..it is pretty sad!

The company or NI didn't list ..any help would be great please!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,992 Views)
Kikusui lists an IVI driver for the 4W series at http://www.kikusui.co.jp/en/download/index.html.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,985 Views)
Thanks but it appear to be for the visual basics..my model is PLZ664W.

I was excited about getting the newest, 0V operation, and the most expensive load.  It turns out that they don't have the right labview drivers..it is pretty disappointing, actually!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,983 Views)
Actually, IVI is not VB-specific. IVI can be used in LabVIEW.

Also: the NI Instrument Driver Network lists a number of drivers for Kikusui. While there's no LabVIEW driver specific to the PLZ664WA, there is one for the PLZ-3W series. Is this model close enough that you may be able to adapt it? There's CVI drivers for the PLZ603W, which seems a little closer to what you want. Perhaps you can use the procedure outlined here to convert this to LabVIEW if you think it will work for your model.
Message 4 of 12
(3,982 Views)
The download page on Kikusui's web site clearly states that the IVI driver can be used with LabVIEW. If you are using LabVIEW 8.x, you just need to install the Import Wizard and run it after you installed the driver. I also agree that one of the existing drivers could be adapted. Kikisui could probably tell you if the command syntax is similar between the different series. A lot of manufacturers tend to use the same syntax so you changes might be very minor.
Message 5 of 12
(3,967 Views)

Thanks everyone!

The Kikusui America, the support is pretty lean.  The mail box is full and no one answers. 

In any regards, the 3Z series is a good start at least.  Thanks everyone..I'm sure I can make it work with some modification.

Best Regards,

Chetna

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(3,958 Views)

KIKUSUI provides IVI-COM and IVI-C drivers for PLZ-4W series e-load products. To use the driver with LabVIEW (7.0 or later), you should first install the IVI-COM and IVI-C drivers for the product, then convert the IVI-C interfaces to LabVIEW specific VIs by using LabVIEW's "Import CVI instrument driver" menu.  It automatically generates VI wrappers to IVI-C.

The driver can be downloaded at:
http://www.kikusui.co.jp/en/download/index.html

The conversion method is introduced in the pdf doc below:
http://www.kikusui.co.jp/en/download/doc/IviGuide_LV7_E.pdf

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,851 Views)

Hello,

I am also looking for the Kikusui PLZ164WA instrument driver for Labview. I downloaded their LabWindows driver and used the driver import wizard. After importing, I have broken VI's for Open and Close.

Anyone had similar issues?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,581 Views)

dinks,

What do you mean by broken VI?  Did you have broken wires?  Were the Open and Close VI's not working somehow or throwing an error message?  I would like any further information you can provide.

Thanks,

Ben

National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer
Certified TestStand Developer
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,558 Views)

Hi

I have an executable and i get an error as follows...

Error Code : -1074000000

Kikusui PLZ 4W Series.lvlib:Error Query.vi<ERR>
Instrument reports:
-102,"Syntax error"
0,"No error"

<b>Complete call chain:</b>
     Kikusui PLZ 4W Series.lvlib:Error

Can the Kikusui work on an executable.I do not have the source code.Also I have downloaded the VISA.

My guess is that it is missing some sort of instrument driver and where should i save these instrument driver in case i dont have Labview and i am trying to run only off the executable

Thanks

Chintan parekh

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,047 Views)