From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myrio tool pallete

Solved!
Go to solution

i have installed myRIO toolkit 2014 and Real-Time Module ,but the problem that i cannot find myrio pallete in fucntions pallete and i don't know why 

when i open anyprogram for myrio project there is no problem with it and the blocks of myrio is found and there isn't missing files 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,508 Views)

Check whether the help window of the existing tools pallete show a options called Find in pallete, if that option exists just click that it will direct to the tools pallete

Do a try!

@Bashary wrote:

i have installed myRIO toolkit 2014 and Real-Time Module ,but the problem that i cannot find myrio pallete in fucntions pallete and i don't know why 

when i open anyprogram for myrio project there is no problem with it and the blocks of myrio is found and there isn't missing files 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,497 Views)

@Bashary wrote:

Inorder to program MyRIO you need to call the hardware in a LabVIEW project only then you can find the toolkits.

See the video tutorial on how to create a project here

Kudos Welcome 🙂

Certified-LabVIEW-Associate-Dev_rgb (1).jpg

Certified LabVIEW Developer
Best LabVIEW Programmer @NIDAYS 2015
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,486 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bashary

Building on that, it looks like you've got a project and you created that VI under the "My Computer" section.  VIs are smart enough to tell where they are in your project and only show you the functions you can use.  You'll want to try moving it down to the RT side of the myRIO.  If that doesn't work, you're looking at one of two problems:

1) You didn't install the RIO drivers to see the myRIO in projects.

2) You installed the myRIO/RT software packages before installing LabVIEW so their support wasn't added to LV.  You'll want to reinstall those so you can get the functionality added to LV

Do you see the myRIO sample projects when you hit "Create Project" ?  If so, start with one of those and get a look at what you're seeing there.  Once you understand how that's setup, it's easier to move on to your own design.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,473 Views)

@palanivelthiruvenkadam@gmail.com wrote:

Check whether the help window of the existing tools pallete show a options called Find in pallete, if that option exists just click that it will direct to the tools pallete

Do a try!

@Bashary wrote:

i did that and it direct me to the pallete but once i go there the pallete disappear suddenly 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,466 Views)

@SanthoshJoel wrote:

@Bashary wrote:

Inorder to program MyRIO you need to call the hardware in a LabVIEW project only then you can find the toolkits.

See the video tutorial on how to create a project here

Kudos Welcome 🙂

Certified-LabVIEW-Associate-Dev_rgb (1).jpg

i must have myrio connected to usb port? ...without myrio connected the pallete won't appear? 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,462 Views)

@natasftw wrote:

Building on that, it looks like you've got a project and you created that VI under the "My Computer" section.  VIs are smart enough to tell where they are in your project and only show you the functions you can use.  You'll want to try moving it down to the RT side of the myRIO.  If that doesn't work, you're looking at one of two problems:

1) You didn't install the RIO drivers to see the myRIO in projects.

2) You installed the myRIO/RT software packages before installing LabVIEW so their support wasn't added to LV.  You'll want to reinstall those so you can get the functionality added to LV

Do you see the myRIO sample projects when you hit "Create Project" ?  If so, start with one of those and get a look at what you're seeing there.  Once you understand how that's setup, it's easier to move on to your own design.

that's sounds good ...when i created new VI under section of myRIO the pallete appeared and i can deal with it 

thanks very much for your help Heart

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,457 Views)