LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myrio file path/data logging

The following code shown below is for a humidity sensor attached to a myrio. 
I was wondering how could I save this data onboard the myrio, as a text document, saving the y axis with a time stamp.  I know I can invoke a node from the front panel of the chart, using a "to excel", but that alone will not let me control the file directory of the path.

As you can seen i've done some experimenting with the file path of the rio, but still don't have it quite down.  If anyone can help me out thanks!

Jakes.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(9,066 Views)

HI Jakes,

I believe myRIO should works the same as typical CompactRIO when comes to data logging in the real-time target.

Could you try using the c:\<filename>.txt as the file path and see if there's any file in the myRIO using the address (ftp://<ip address>).

Ee Lim

See that button on the left side of this post...

If you feel my post is helpful, all you need is just (at most) 2 seconds to click that button, to show your appreciation. Thank you~~

Message 2 of 14
(9,044 Views)

Yes that is correct, but how can I turn this chart data into a text file?

jakes

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(9,023 Views)

Hi Jakes,

You don't need to write to text file using the chart. You can write to text file in myRIO similar to how you normally perform write a text file operation to the computer.

You need to convert the result data (from the output terminal of the Multiple function) to string format before writing to the text file.

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-3052

If you want to include the time stamp into the text file, you can use Get Date/Time in Seconds function and convert to string before concatenate with the data (in string).

I don't think that your chart even has any time stamp data on the x-axis, although the x-axis is labelled as time.

Ee Lim

See that button on the left side of this post...

If you feel my post is helpful, all you need is just (at most) 2 seconds to click that button, to show your appreciation. Thank you~~

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(9,015 Views)

Sorry it's samples.  I am still getting use to labview/myrio.

If I am logging data to a chart, does the chart automatically save onboard the rio(my project will not be connected to a home computer).  I am trying to figure out the best way to save the data when not connected to a computer. 

I am unsure of the file path when not connected as a data logging device. 

Sorry if I seem confusing still getting use to the rio and labview.

Jakes

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(8,994 Views)

Hi Jakes,

I know that you're waiting on ongeelim to respond back but I also wanted to make you aware that you may have more luck finding an answer quicker if you direct your question to the correct forum path -->Academic Hardware Products (ELVIS, myDAQ, myRIO).

If you're logging data to a chart in LabVIEW on your computer or on myRIO, nothing is saved to a file.  You must save to a file separately the same way that ongeelim described in the previous post.  

Taylor
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(8,956 Views)

Hello,

I have problem to save analog data by using NI myRIO. I can't save the analog data obtained. Anyone can help me to solve this problem because I'm still new user NI myRIO.

Thanks,

nuradebah

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(6,603 Views)

If you have code that does not work as expected, attach the VI so we can see what's wrong.

Do you want to save it on the myRIO or on the PC?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(6,598 Views)

I want save the data on my pc. 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(6,593 Views)

I want save the data on my pc. But, the data does not save when I run the program. You can refer the VI program below. Is it because the file path name for myrio is not same as the file path name PC?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(6,589 Views)