LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myRIO templates are not showing up

Hi everyone.  I'm a new myRIO user, and I'm trying to install the myRIO software on my home computer.  My problem is that the templates that I need aren't showing up, and I'm wondering what I need to do to get them installed.  

Just to be clear, this is what my screen looks like when I select 'create project' in NI Labview 2014: 

no template.JPG

And this is what I need it to look like: 

yes template.JPG

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to get these templates installed?  I've already installed the Labview 2014 myRIO toolkit, by the way.

Additionally, what is the difference between using a myRIO template and just creating a blank project?  I assume the template isn't strictly necessary for myRIO operation, but how much work does having the template save?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,670 Views)

Anyone?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,639 Views)

This is probably an obvious question - but you did install the myRIO toolkit after installing LabVIEW, right? Do you have LabVIEW real-time installed?

No - there's no real difference between creating a 'myRIO project' and a 'blank project' other than it automatically adds the myRIO target to the project and creates the directory for the project etc. - I think it might even have a default 'main' VI for the myRIO.

Do you have the myRIO palettes correctly installed (when you create a VI on the myRIO target and open the block diagram palette)? If the toolkit didn't install correctly then perhaps they might not have been installed correctly either. 

I would perhaps try a reinstall/repair of the myRIO toolkit.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
Message 3 of 4
(3,626 Views)

Are your Getting Started window showing myRIO or is it just LabVIEW?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,615 Views)