From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myRIO doesn't find my .so shared library

Solved!
Go to solution

@sanju254 wrote:

I finally solved it, I had problems with the compilation in the Eclipse environment (2014). I used gcc into cygwin environment and all worked?

Question mark? After a sentence where you say you solved it? Did you or didn't you? 

Please provide me that how to use gcc and flow of .so file execution.

Combined with the first sentence it seems you didn't solve it but I have no idea what you are asking for here.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(1,454 Views)

i didn't solved it. but i want to know the steps to solve for existing c_source file i tried to generate but getting error and not generating required shared library to my system. below i attached the c sorce file for your reference.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(1,432 Views)

Where is your Makefile?

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(1,425 Views)

Thanks to every one for your kind support now am able to execute my shared library in MyRio board.

I used C/C++ Development Tools for NI Linux Real-Time, Eclipse Edition 2014-2016 and now it is working fine

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(1,414 Views)

Could you please elaborate the steps to convert c file and header file to .so file ?(our c file is generated from matlab .m) 

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(1,292 Views)

Your language may suggest that you have little experience with C programming and compiling. And you are trying to do a task that requires a lot of knowledge in these things. Even a step by step explanation won't likely help here but I can't do that right now as it is already quite some time ago that I bothered with these things.

First you will want to download the C/C++ development tools for NI Linux Realtime mentioned here: https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA03q000000YHR7CAO

Then you will want to go through the whole document and learn step for step what it explains. This is a very thorough step by step explanation but as C programming can be complex it may still be not enough for your specific project, since a lot depends on your code, and from what I remember Matlab Coder generated C code isn't exactly trivial.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(1,283 Views)

Hello

In my project I have developed many function in matlab and now I want flash this to myrio .So what I thought is that I convert the .m file to .c to using matlab coder and then convert this .c to .so using eclipse real time and use this .so file via call library function using labview. But I dont know how to convert the . c to .so .Can anyone please elaborate the steps to convert .c to .so and integrate in labview? 

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(1,295 Views)