LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my teacher have changed and the new teacher doesn t care what the other did and he gave you this to pass i found it hard i couldnt sole it we didnt even learn somthing like this! please help!

read a data vector y[k] from a file with 100 entries (you can generate in advance the y values as you wish);

- draw a graphical representation of N entries against time, where 1<N<100 is given (input) by the user in the application; time will be from 0 to (N-1)*Ts, where Ts is sampling period given also by the user in the application; for example N=50 and Ts=1s; - add to the graphic (waveform) a grey-coloured band, symmetrical around the waveform with x% from the instantaneous values y[k], k=1...N. The value of x is also an input given by the user in the application - for example x=2.  This would represent the y values measured by a sensor with accuracy class x. To understand better the result, attached is a figure representing two voltage waveforms measured with 3% accuracy (x=3).

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 44
(4,406 Views)

This forum is not for solving other's home work. I would recommend to start to show some effort. Start to build a VI. Go step by step, do not want to put every functionality in the VI at the beginning. If people see in this forum you do some effort, and you show us your VI by attaching here, you will get help. Otherwise I do not think so...

First part of your VI:

"read a data vector y[k] from a file with 100 entries (you can generate in advance the y values as you wish);"

I assume you already have a data file. Is this a binary or ASCII file? Do you know how to read a file in LabVIEW? If not, you can google for it or you can see examples from LabVIEW help menu (Example finder).

So first create a VI which reads data from a file in a way as described in your home work. If you get problems, post your VI here with a proper explanation what is your goal, and what is not clear.

Have a nice work!

Message 2 of 44
(4,392 Views)
Where exactly are you stuck? This is not a place to get your homework done so please attach what you have written so far along with your data file.

There are numerous free tutorials. Which ones have you taken?
Message 3 of 44
(4,388 Views)

Sounds like you are starting a good class.

Your question sounds like a standard representation of collected data with an error range.

This is a fairly standard real world application.

To just give you the answer would rob you of the chance to fully understand the question and real applications.

Also, the process of exploring LabVIEW environment is something that must be done by yourself. All engineers start off in this position.

If you need help with the LabVIEW interface there are many starter Youtube Videos, and NI has many pre-built examples.

I don't want to be mean, but this is something you have to do.

When you are finished with this question I would like to see what your program looks like.

So, please post back!! 

I will subscribe to this forum and look forward to your answer.

Engineering - The art of applied creativity  ~Theo Sutton
Message 4 of 44
(4,382 Views)

belive me its my first year in labview and we did many simple exemples but the new teacher gave us this and its so hard not only for me but for many other collegue its not our level! for who want to help i will really apreciate ...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 44
(4,347 Views)

I use to be a Teacher Assistant in the college of Engineering, and I instructed many of the Labs. 

Is this a group exercise? 

If it is a group exercise then break up the assignment to your other classmates.

If you are doing this solo, then you will need to do the research yourself.

1.) Look up how LabVIEW can open and read files. (good example is how to open 'comma separated value' .csv file)

2.) Look up how LabVIEW can manipulate array data.

3.) Look up how LabVIEW can present data onto a graph. (thats a big one, start of with simple stuff first)

The reason I break up this assignment as such is because in the LabVIEW Help files there are many simple and clear examples on how to do each of these steps.

You, or your group will need to combine this knowledge.

When I say 'Lookup' I am meaning that you will need to look at examples of how that task is performed. 

You will be looking at a lot of stuff that will not be giving you the direct answer. You must learn the skill of piecing stuff together, and there is no real way of teaching this without doing it yourself. And,  usually with alot of failure. 

-Good Luck,

Message 6 of 44
(4,335 Views)

thank you...

but if you were in my situation maybe you will undrestand...

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 44
(4,328 Views)

I graduated from a very specialized program that had an average 85% drop out rate. 

The professors encouraged us to drop out and leave on a daily basis. (unlike other colleges the professors where graded on the quality of the graduating student, and not the numbers that passed)

You will not find much sympathy in this forum. 

Many people in these forums are professionals, with large responsibility's. 

Ranging from multi-million dollar projects to developing life saving technology.

I'm always happy to help an engineering student, but I'm also equally willing to help an engineering student find an alternative career.

You can private message me if you so desire. I suspect many people reading this forum is getting tired of this conversation, and soon you will not like their responses.

I would like to know more about your 'situation'.

Message 8 of 44
(4,299 Views)

All engineers have been in your situation and trust me, we do understand. This is a forum full of teachers, students and professionals, all of which are VOLUNTEERS. We will not do your homework for you, but we are all willing to help you along and to help you learn LabVIEW. 

Show us some effort on your end and you will get help. If you dont show us what you have done then you wont.

How about I write the program for you which cost me time and money. (time is money) and I get the full credit and the degree and you get to pay for it. I'm sure you would understand this if you were in our situation.

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
Message 9 of 44
(4,286 Views)

If your studies have you looking at LabVIEW, you're in a field that includes research and/or engineering.  What exactly do you think this means?  If you're in a situation where you know the answers, you're not engineering and you're certainly not researching.

Being in situations where you'll have to put in effort to learn something is paramount to your degree.  You've been given step by step instructions that you could type into google and get the homework done for you with online guides.  How much simpler do you want your homework to be? 

Not only were we in your situation in school, we continue to be in your situation on a regular basis.  It's not our understanding that's lacking.  It's not our empathy that's lacking.  It's that we're aware that eventually you're likely to graduate.  If you graduate by whining on forums until people do your homework, we'll eventually have to work with you.  At that point, you won't be competent in your position and you'll expect us to carry your dead weight.  This isn't good for you.  It's not good for us.  It's time you start learning the foundational skill for your profession.

What have you tried?  Post your VI.  Don't post another beg for someone to do it for you.  Post an effort you've made.  Show us something, anything.  But please, stop begging.  This is a professional forum, not babysitting.

Message 10 of 44
(4,245 Views)