I want my front panel to show controls/indicators in the same position within the front-panel window as when I saved it. I don't want them off to one side with a scrollbar.
I don't have other controls/indicators in the field of view that would mandate the scrollbar or offset.
Why is it doing this? How do I make it stop?
First thing is go to VI Properties->Window Appearance->Customize, then uncheck Vertical Scrollbar, and Horizontal Scrollbar.
Sometimes LabVIEW likes to add scrollbars to windows that don't really need them, but the controls are considered 'too close' to the edge for LV, so it uses them.
Also, make sure that you don't have an unused or forgotten control off to one side.
I like to keep the FP large during development and initialize it to the correct size at run-time. I use the OpenG Fit VI Window to Largest Decoration.
J-M, How do I get to that? Can you attach a vi?
It is a snippet, as mentioned, but to add it to any VI manually without having to drag a snippet over each time:
1. Add a property node to the block diagram (found in many places, easiest is from the Application Control palette)
2. Right-click the property node and scroll down to the "Link to...-->" menu option until the sub-menu pops out on the right.
3. If there's only one option there, it'll be "Pane". Choose that. If there's more, you need to select "Pane" and then "Pane" again from the sub-menu.
4. Click the "Property" text and change it to "Origin".
5. Right-click the node and select "Change To Write". (If there's a "Change To Read" section, don't do anything).
6. Right-click the incoming "Origin" terminal and choose "Create --> Constant".