From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my application installation fails to run, requires NIPALP.dll

I am working on an application installation, that returns an error when I try to launch it.  A system error pops up stating that the program can't start because NIPALP.dll is missing.  I have searched to find out what that .dll is for and it comes up as being part of real-time.  My application is not real-time, its going to run on a Windows 7 system.  I do currently have a simulated DAQ device so I included installers for DAQ-mx and NI-VISA.  What do I need to include to provide NIPALP.dll?

Thanks,

Bruce

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,838 Views)

@bbarnes wrote:

I am working on an application installation, that returns an error when I try to launch it.  A system error pops up stating that the program can't start because NIPALP.dll is missing.  I have searched to find out what that .dll is for and it comes up as being part of real-time.  My application is not real-time, its going to run on a Windows 7 system.  I do currently have a simulated DAQ device so I included installers for DAQ-mx and NI-VISA.  What do I need to include to provide NIPALP.dll?

Thanks,

Bruce

Include the "NI VXI" drivers in the installer?

Not sure if it helps though?

Br,

/Roger

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,828 Views)

The NI VXI drivers are not in the listed options for additional installers.  Here is a list of the installers that I have already included:

LabView 2011 runtime engine (full install)

DAQmx Application Development support 9.3.5

NI-VISA Runtime 5.1

My application is going to use the USB-6212 MIO DAQ.  We do not have it yet, but I have it as a simulated device in MAX.  I am trying to install this application on a laptop running Window 7 and it does not have LabView installed.  The plan is for this application to be distributed to many computers that do not have LabView installed.

I am going to try another build focusing on DAQmx.  I am going to include DAQmx MAX Configuration Support 9.3.5.  I think this is just a slimmer version of DAQmx Application Development Support.  But I this point it's worth a try.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,820 Views)

Hello bbarnes, 

Are you able to build another, simple DAQmx and VISA application? One troubleshooting action we can take it to create a simple VI containing a DAQmx and a VISA subVI.  Then, attempt to build that into an installer while including the same additional installers.  Let me know if you get the same error

Patrick W.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,806 Views)

Ok, I used a disable structure to temporarily eliminate 2 DAQ assistant express VIs that I have to read the digital and analog channels of my simulated DAQ card.  I then built an application(exe) and copied the folder to the other computer.  I chose the build an application because its much faster than building the installer.  I then launched the application and it ran fine.  So I though great my problem has something to do with the DAQ express VIs.  So I re-enabled one of the DAQ assistants and tried a new build.  It also ran fine.  So I re-enabled the other DAQ assistant and tried a new build.  You guessed it, it ran fine.  So I though could it be working now?  I built a new installer and tried it.  No good still has the same error. 

What could be different between the application build and the installer build?

Thanks,

Bruce

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,789 Views)

@bbarnes wrote:

Ok, I used a disable structure to temporarily eliminate 2 DAQ assistant express VIs that I have to read the digital and analog channels of my simulated DAQ card.  I then built an application(exe) and copied the folder to the other computer.  I chose the build an application because its much faster than building the installer.  I then launched the application and it ran fine.  So I though great my problem has something to do with the DAQ express VIs.  So I re-enabled one of the DAQ assistants and tried a new build.  It also ran fine.  So I re-enabled the other DAQ assistant and tried a new build.  You guessed it, it ran fine.  So I though could it be working now?  I built a new installer and tried it.  No good still has the same error. 

What could be different between the application build and the installer build?

Thanks,

Bruce

Ah, the perils of the Application Builder (AB). 

The AB installer configuration only includes the executable and does not build it.

Perhaps there is some inclusion missing when you do the installer config?

Try to manually copy the (working)exe to the installation directory, does it still fail?

Br,

/Roger

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,782 Views)