LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mux-10 + write and read to different channels at the same time

Hi,

I'm using a Mitutoyo Mux-10 to get the measurements of my 3 Mitutoyo digimatic indicators.
The Mux-10 is connected to my pc through the com port (serial).
I can communicate with it using Labview 6.0.
When I write a request string to the Mux-10 (1<CR> for channel1, 2<CR> for channel2 and 3<CR> for channel3), I get a read string back containing the correct measurement. This is the case in the attached "Serial communication_4.vi".
But I want to get the measurements of the 3 channels at the same time, so I rebuilded the vi above to "Serial communication_3.vi".
This vi will not work! What am I doing wrong? Are the 3 write strings interfering each other?
Does someone have a solution for my problem?

Kind Regards

kevin Van de Gaer
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,711 Views)
You cannot do parallel communication over a single serial port. In order to send and receive data in parallel, you would need three separate serial ports, each connected directly to your instrument.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,699 Views)

Hello, i use your sample program but still not read the value from mux-10f ?. Can you tell me if the DIP button on the back of the mux-10f is adjustable, and is it correct to send the command like that? thank youCapture.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(390 Views)

Hello,

Did you try to set the parameter A to read the 3 channels. There is another post about this topic :

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Mitutoyo-mux-10-Digimatic-indicator-Labview6-0/td-p/584833

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(372 Views)