From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiplier- accumulator by use fixed pint representation

Solved!
Go to solution

hi

i am looking to bulit  multiplier- accumulator  by use fixed point representation in labview

but i did not find a good guide and the blocks of fixed point in menu is small and  its not enugh

can any one add asimple implementation like this example

x: 8 bit sign

y:9 bit sighn with 3  for fraction p

z=x*y

z will 18 bit real part and 9 bit fraction 

my ver labview 2011 or less

thank in advace

best regards

hi ?Q>

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,420 Views)

Hi mangood,

I may have misunderstood your bit assignment but for the example below all you need to do is create two fixed point numbers and wire them into the multiply VI. The result from that should be another fixed point value with the correct bit widths. The reason I feel that I may not understand the bit assignment listed below is because my result did not have an 18 bit real part and 9 bit fractional part. To change a numeric to fixed point, right click the numeric and go to Representation. Once the value is a fixed point value, right click and go to Properties to change bit widths.

Patrick H | National Instruments | Software Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,392 Views)

thank for replay
but where the example that you talk about?!!

hi ?Q>

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,386 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mangood

I apologize. I made a simple example and actually attached it this time. Follow the steps in my previous post to adjust the bit widths of X and Y. You can use Fixed Point values as inputs to most of the basic math functions and you are not limited to what is in the fixed point palette.

Patrick H | National Instruments | Software Engineer
Message 4 of 5
(2,371 Views)

thank you dear  Haagen

it work 

take  this Heart from me

hi ?Q>

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,347 Views)