From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple y-axis(with different scale) on a xy graph

i have an xy graph in which i have three y-axis with 1 x-axis. iam able to name each of the axis as well as set the x-scale min and max each. finally iam able to see the three plots
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,963 Views)

For some reason not known to me more than half of the post was not posted.

i appologize.

by reading some older posts i discover how duplicate y-axis on a xy-graph since i need to plot two signals (with different ranges)

after i plot, because the ranges are so far apart (-50000 to 50000) and (0 to 300) iam able to see the 0-300 plot but almost non of the other plot.

if i do auto-scale button (on the scale legen) belonging to the (-50000 to 50000) then imediatly iam able to see the whole signal, but the (0-300) shrinks to almost 0.

i woudl like to be able to see both plots fully and with a cursor just drag it and analyse both plots.

similar to an osciloscope for example.

any help will be apreciated.

regards

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,954 Views)

Hello there,

you can use the XY-Graph -properties to set the indvidual scales for each plot. See the following picture.

This will help you to draw both plots nicely on graph, having their own individual Y scale.

Furthermore, you can add a cursor for each plot, or use just one cursor allowing the user to "snap" to both plots.

Cheers,

Cerati

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,938 Views)

thanks for the replay cerati.

this you mention i had already done, and i see on my both scales as well as both plots, but i want to see both plots the same size regardless of the scale. (like i mentioned before, i either see the 0-300 scale plot perfect size but berely of the -50k - 50k or the -50k to 50k perfect size and the 0-300 litterally looks like it is a straignt horizontal line = to 0 of how diminute its scale is.

i would like to see both plots the same size regardless of scale.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(6,926 Views)

maybe this pictures can help to see my problem.

note1 before taking the first picture i changed the range of one plot from right on the graph from -50000-50000 to 0-5000 as a result on pict#3 the black plot looks a bit bigger.

i would like to be able to see both plots the same size. (example the size of plot color black on the pic#1, or the size of plot color purple on the pic#3)

regards

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,917 Views)

Hi there,

After looking at you images,  I would suggest multiplying the data of your smaller scale before displaying on the graph. This way your data will come into the graph at a scale similar to that of your other data set. Let me know how that works for you.

Travis Ann

Customer Education Product Marketing Manager
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(6,889 Views)