LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple instances of a cluster

Solved!
Go to solution

Here are some screenshots of a real world example.

THe US gov't operates a lab where they support Mine Safety and as such are interested in the concentration of methane in mines. They need to watch the concentration and how ventelation patterns affect it.

It used DAQ to monitor an aray of methonomters in the simulated mine gallery.

THey used a mix of anemometers to monitor the air-flow patterns. It had to be an exe and I did not know at development time which mix of devices they will use. So they configure the system using drop-down boxes populated using the plug-ins supplied with the app.

The final analysis looked like this.

So all of the I/O devices descend from a common class adn dynamic dispatch handles the difference in the hardware.

This image is from a different application but it does show the concept.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 21 of 25
(732 Views)

Ben that is really interesting, thanks for posting that. LVOOP is one of those things that I don't have much experience with but I have been trying to get more familiar with since it is definitely a powerful tool!

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 25
(719 Views)

If you don't want to use arrays or LVOOP, you can create an instance of a cluster by wrapping it in a data value reference.  The LVOOP solution is far more scalable and elegant, though.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 25
(706 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Akiel

@Akiel wrote:
I am looking for a way of defining a cluster then cloning it as many times as required (up to 12). each cluster will contain information on a UUT (the uuts may be different from each other and will be defined in a config file), performance is critical in this application. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated Akiel

Make it an array of clusters and you can simply index out your UUT.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 25
(696 Views)

sorry for delay in replying, heres the solution that is working for me.

1.    Create type def of the cluster

2.   Create array of the cluster type def with as many elements as required

3.    get information from cfg file into cluster (as file is so large had to create my own ini file handling routines as the supplied ones were just too slow)

4.   The settings are now ready for use

Hope it helps

TDarkins 

Please remember to accept any solutions and give kudos, Thanks

LV 8.6.1, LV2010,LV2011SP1, FPGA, Win7
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 25
(675 Views)