From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple inputs in NI usb 6008

I have to measure phase difference between two analog input signals. I did this by using two Ni daq assisstants but at a time I could only read one and an error comes. Kindly help me with examples if any of you have them.

http://lavag.org/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=4661

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,049 Views)
You didn't notice the instructions when you created the assistant apparently. You need to use a single one. Delete one and open the other. Click on the Add button to have two channels.
Message 2 of 9
(3,042 Views)

I did try but there is only one data output availble for manipulation. I can see two waveforms on single graph indicator but I need two of them seperately.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,014 Views)

The DAQ Assistant has the (evil) Dynamic Data Type as its output, regardless of the form of the ouput. If you actually have both channels in the data (an apparently you do because the graph shows them), then try Split Signals from the Express >> Signal Manipulation palette. 

Or, replace the DAQ Assistant with the standard DAQmx VIs which allow you to choose arrays or waveforms as the output datatypes.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,003 Views)

Can you share any example vi where two analoq inputs have been acquired using daqmx. (Sorry I am new to Labview)

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,881 Views)
I don't understand. According to your earlier post, you were able to acquire two separate signals. This was a month ago.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,876 Views)

Sorry for late repsonse as I used the split signal from express it worked but there was a problem in getting phase difference between two analog waveforms so I was thinking this problem may be associated with acquiring the analog inputs with daq assisstant or daqmx. Sorry if I could not explain my problem prorperly as my english is not so good, 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,869 Views)
The acquisition by the DAQ Assistant and the lower level DAQmx functions is the same. You can convert the assistant to DAQmx if you want with a right click.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,866 Views)

I got it. It worked. ALHAMDULILLAH.

Thanks Alot.

May ALLAH bless you. 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,858 Views)