LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple digital pulses genarator

Hi,

I try to build a digital puls genarator with at least 2 channels. Channels have different width and delays but have to be very precise (~10us) to each other.

Components:

- NI PXI-1033

- NI PXI-6221

- BNC-2110

LV v.2014

I used all search engines (google, ni.com, help->find examples...).

This example ( https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-25474 ) does what i want, but uses two different counter and is not synchronously. Workaround woud be, to use this example and give both channels one start trigger. but even then i am limited to two channels and i think, that it is not well programmed.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,581 Views)

If you want to have very precise synchronicity, you should be able to produce your pulses repeatedly using a pattern on your DOs

Hope this helps

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,567 Views)

Hi Oli_Wachno,

thanks for reply.

No, sorry, it doesnt help. Can you explain a little more?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,482 Views)

Make first channel continuous counter output, specify duty cycle and frequency, Daq assistant: Generate Signals -> Counter output -> one of your counters. Continuous generation.

For the second pulse use, for example this vi

Help->  find examples -> search for retriggerable -> Gen Dig Pulse-Retriggerable.vi

As the source of triggers specify output terminal of the first counter.

For each trigger pulse it will generate the second pulse after with configurable delay (low time) and width.

This method is the highest precision of pulse widths setting (12.5 ns from 80 MHz timebase) and stability between pulses is timebase stability... better than 50 ps.

Alternatively the board supports hardware timed digital output. You can define up to 8 patterns and output them with 1 us precision.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,466 Views)

Thanks a lot, i will try to implement it next week and report you.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,444 Views)