LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple circles on a picture

Hello,

I am trying to develop a Labview program that allows users to draw multiple circles on a picture. I use the built-in Draw Circle by Radius.Vi. However, it does not allow users to adjust the location and radius of the circle once it is drawn. Is there a way to work around it? I am hoping to do it without the Vision Module. Thanks for your help.

Cheers,

DZ

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,830 Views)

It is designed to programmatically draw a circle.  Are you saying you want to draw it interactively?  You will have to program your VI to handle some mouse events.

Then you will need to keep your old picture and keep drawing a new circle into the old picture on every event of the mouse until the user somehow ends the drawing operation.  Then you keep the new picture and use that for the next operations.

Message 2 of 5
(2,825 Views)

Is there an example to show how it is done, to your knowledge? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,815 Views)

No example that I know of.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,803 Views)

Hi DZ,

Attached is an example that might help get you started. I modified one of Nationals vis so that it draws circles that you can resize when they are created. Note that the example just does a small subset of what you need but it does show some techniques that will be useful.

steve

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the forum when you get help. Click the "Solution?" icon on the reply that answers your
question. Give "Kudos" to replies that help.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 5 of 5
(2,788 Views)